Applications are open for the 2023 Globalink Research Internship by Mitacs.
Globalink research interns are expected to work 40 hours per week on their research project. During the internship, Globalink Research interns may be invited to attend industry and/or government relations events, professional skills training courses, or conferences. Every attempt will be made to schedule these events outside of working hours, and interns should obtain their supervisor’s approval should they have to miss work to participate.
All parties involved with the Mitacs Globalink program must comply with the Canadian host university’s policies regarding the ethical conduct of research and scholarly activities. Any issues or disputes around research or academic misconduct will be subject to the host university’s processes following their institutional policies.
Mitacs Globalink Research Internships are currently available at over 70 universities across Canada.
Application Deadline: 8th of June, 2022
Host Institutions: Mitacs, Canada
Degree Level: Post graduate
Mitacs, in partnership with our partners, oversees and provides funding to successful students for the following:
- Flight and student visa reimbursement
- Accommodation and daily stipend
- Medical insurance for the duration of the internship
- Coordination with host institutions’ administrative offices to ensure a smooth arrival and registration process
- Selection of a Globalink Mentor to assist with tasks including picking up students from the airport, escorting them to their residences, organizing social events, and acting as an emergency contact
- Professional skills courses
- Opportunities such as conferences, workshops, industry expos and tours, as well as other networking events
Eligibility Criteria f0r the 2023 Globalink Research Internship by Mitacs.
In order to be eligible for hosting interns as part of the Globalink Research Internship program, you must:
- Have one of the following status at an eligible institution: Full professor, Associate professor, Assistant professor, Adjunct professor, Emeritus professor
- Be able to supervise international students at your institution
- Be able to host interns within the stipulated dates of the GRI program: Internships must between May 1 and July 31 and must be delivered over the course of 12 consecutive weeks
Application Information: kindly visit the official website to apply
visit previous post for more internship opportunities