MultiChoice is inviting eligible applicants to apply for the MultiChoice Talent Factory Film Academy 2022 skills development programme. The MTF Academy offers eligible applicants who are passionate about telling their own stories a unique opportunity to improve their skills and ultimately contribute to the growth of the local and pan African film and broadcasting industries.
The MTF Academy is a tailored 12-month training programme facilitated at regional academies based in Kenya, Nigeria and Zambia, headed by industry experts as Academy Directors. Working hand-in-hand with local creative organisations, regulatory and government partners across the continent, MultiChoice uses its people, facilities and network to provide young emerging filmmakers with the skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications to help the MTF graduates launch a successful career within the creative industry.
Application Deadline: 3rd of June, 2022
Host Organisation: Multichoice, Africa
Programme Location: Nigeria, Nairobi, Zambia, Kenya and Lusaka
Programme Duration: 12 Months
Value/Benefits: Sixty talented students from 13 African countries will get the chance to hone their film and television production skills alongside industry greats. This year-long, funded, programme will be supported by MultiChoice Talent Factory academies hosted in Kenya, Nigeria and Zambia. Students will create quality local content that will be broadcast on our local M-Net channels on the MultiChoice platform.
Eligible Nationalities: Africans
To be eligible for Multichoice Talent Factory Film Academy 2022, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must have a qualification from a registered and/or recognised post-secondary education institution as set out in clause 4.3.5 below; and/or
- Applicants have experience in the film industry.
- Applicants who hold a qualification must:
- be between 18-30 years of age;
- be citizens and residents of the countries from which they are selected by MultiChoice to participate in the MTF Academy initiative, namely Angola, Botswana, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe;
- be fluent in English in terms of speaking, reading and writing;
- demonstrate passion for the drama, film, television and entertainment industry during selection interviews; and
- have completed a relevant qualification from an accredited and/or recognised tertiary education institution in drama, film, television or a related media field, within the last 2 years. For the avoidance of doubt, the said qualification must be obtained only from a post-secondary education institution which has been accredited or recognised by a relevant registered institution.
Application Information: kindly visit the official website to apply
visit previous post for more opportunities