Applications are ongoing for the Microsoft Research PhD Fellowship 2022, The Microsoft Research PhD Fellowship is a global program that identifies and empowers the next generation of exceptional computing research talent. Microsoft recognizes the value of diversity in computing and aims to increase the pipeline of talent receiving advanced degrees in computing-related fields to build a stronger and inclusive computing-related research community. We currently offer PhD fellowships in Asia-Pacific, Canada and the United States, EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa), Latin America, Australia and New Zealand.
This fellowship is for eligible students at universities globally pursuing research aligned to Microsoft Research areas of focus.
Application Deadline: 7th of June, 2022
Host Institutions: Microsoft
Degree Level: PhD
- $15,000 USD is provided to help complete research as part of their doctoral thesis work for academic year 2022–23.
- Eligible recipients will be offered a 12-week paid internship with a Microsoft Research Institute.
- Opportunities will be provided to build relationships with research teams at Microsoft and receive mentorship.
Asia-Pacific, Canada & United States, Latin America, Europe, Middle East & Africa
Microsoft Research PhD Fellowship 2022 | ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
To be eligible for the Microsoft Research PhD Fellowship 2022, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be enrolled at a university in the eligible regions.
- Proposed research must be closely related to one of the themes:
- AI/ML/NLP/data science: In many practically useful applications, data is often scarce and biased. Understanding how we work under these settings and deliver useful results has a great impact for many practical problems and gives us deep insights into what it means to learn with data. From practical application such as NLP, to understanding the fairness and generality of results and deepening our understanding of what is feasible with the available data for a particular problem. We’re interested how we work better with the limitations of data.
- Health: Advances in machine learning and AI offer us an opportunity to address the disparities in the access to, and delivery of quality healthcare for all people. We’re interested in understanding and exploring spaces where technology can assist to fill the gap, from assisting healthcare practitioners to perform their roles more effectively, to bridging the last mile to patients, through scaling the delivery and reach of quality healthcare using technology.
- Sustainability: Microsoft’s commitment to sustainability will be achieved by leveraging cloud and artificial intelligence (AI) tools to transform the way we monitor, model and ultimately help in solving environmental challenges facing the globe. If you are a student enrolled in an African University undertaking a PhD program in artificial intelligence, machine learning, statistics or a related field with a focus on solving problems related to sustainability, we would be delighted to receive your application.
- Human-computer interaction: We seek fellows in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) who will explore Usability and Design questions under the areas of Work, Health and Sustainability & Society. Typically, HCI interns lead and conduct research studies (online or on the ground), usability studies, literature reviews, and design interventions.
- Must be entering their third year or beyond of their PhD program sometime between August 2022 – July 2023.
- Students must continue to be enrolled at the university in the beginning of academic year 2023 or forfeit the award.
- Students submitting a proposal should be able to communicate about their research (both in writing and verbally) in English.
Application Information: kindly visit the official website to apply
visit previous post for more scholarship opportunities