Third semester application is now open for the Ebonylife Creative Academy. EbonyLife Creative Academy is supported by the Lagos State Government through Lagos State Creative Industry Initiative (LACI), under the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture. ELCA was established to equip aspiring and industry professionals with the practical and technical skills necessary to build a successful career in both the Nigerian and international market.
The vision is to build a bridge to Nollywood – the worlds 3rd largest film industry – towards a value chain built on international best practice to deliver filmmakers who can service both the local and international film and television market, and produce content that introduces our unique style of Nigerian story-telling to the world.
Situated in the heart of the vibrant and cosmopolitan Victoria Island, The ELCA campus offers our Academy creatives access to state-of-the-art lecture rooms, projection and sound facilities, as well as practical studio workshop spaces and post-production facilities fitted with all the latest technology, to ensure that you have everything you need to excel in your chosen field.
Application Deadline: 23rd of May, 2022
Host Organisation: EbonyLife Creative Academy
Programme: Accelerating Film and Television Excellence
Programme Location: Lagos state, Nigeria
Programme Duration: 3 Months
Fees: All courses are free of charge based on the support received by the Lagos State Government through Lagos State Creative Industries Initiative (LACI), under the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture.
Number of Slots: 15 people per class
- The short-courses and programmes are designed to provide you with the essential technical, creative and practical skills you need to enter and excel within the film and TV industry.
- Whether you are a beginner starting out your career in the industry, or a seasoned professional eager to advance your career, at the ELCA we have something that will suit you regardless of your experience or interests.
- The courses are taught by industry professionals who are trained in the ELCA’s unique methodology, and each is rooted in a hands-on, in-context learning and immersion approach, to ensure that when you leave us you have both the theoretical and practical experience required to confidently step into a position on commercial production.
- Each new intake across different courses will converge by merging groups into filmmaking ‘swat teams’ to produce a short film or television piece for an exhibition at the end of our 3-month programme.
- There will be a select number of internships available to top-performing Academy Creatives, to kick-start their careers and give them the opportunity to take Nigeria’s unique film and story-telling style and share it with the world.
Eligible Nationalities: Nigerians
Eligibility: To gain admission into the Ebonylife Creative Academy, candidates must;
- have a minimum of a Higher National Diploma (HND) from a recognized tertiary educational establishment is required, but a degree from a reputable university is desirable.
- At least 18 years old and eligible to participate in the training program in the same manner as being eligible to enter into valid contracts under the law.
- Participating voluntarily
- Have perused and have a clear understanding of the Terms and Conditions of the training program.
Application Information: kindly visit the official website to apply
visit previous post for more admission opportunities