Applications are open for the Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships. These scholarships are being offered by the Scottish Government in collaboration with Scottish universities for citizens of select countries who wish to study full-time Masters degrees in Scottish universities in the areas of science, technology, creative industries, healthcare and medical sciences, and renewable and clean energy.
The scholarships target students who aspire to become influential leaders and who have wide ranging interests outside their studies, as well as a desire to broaden their personal and academic experience in Scotland.
Saltire Scholars will act as ambassadors not only for the Saltire Scholarships programme, but also for Scotland. They have to:
• Maintain a standard of conduct that will uphold the good reputation of the Saltire Scholarship Programme and the institution at which they study.
• Actively participate in the programme’s extra-curricular events.
• Support communications activity promoting Scotland and Scottish higher education, based on their own experience. This might include posting on social media about their time and experience in Scotland.
• Be available for an interview (including on camera) during either the welcome or end-of-year event, granting Scottish Government and the relevant university the right to use the text and footage indefinitely.
• Agree that the Scottish Government can use any photographs, blogs, quotes etc in connection with your Saltire Scholarship participation for marketing purposes.
Application Deadline:31stof July, 2020
Host Institutions:Scotland’s higher education institutions
Number of Scholarships:50
Scholarship Value/Benefits: Each award is worth £8000 to be used towards tuition fees for the duration of 1 year of full time study on a postgraduate Masters programme at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions.
Any additional costs and expenses are the responsibility of the student.
Eligible Nationalities:Canada, China (including Hong Kong), India, Japan, Pakistan and USA.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships, applicants must;
• Be citizens of Canada, India, Japan, USA, Pakistan or China (Hong Kong citizens are also eligible as it is a Special Administrative Region of China)
• Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course. See the official website (link found below) for a list of Scottish universities. But students of the Open University in Scotland are not eligible.
• Be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees.
• Not have previously studied for a full undergraduate degree in Scotland, nor have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
• Meet the language requirements of the course.
• Complete an application form and submit it by the closing date of 31 July 2020.
Applicants must demonstrate an interest in studying in Scotland and/or at a specific Scottish university and aspire to work and study in a global context and take a position of leadership in their chosen career. They must also demonstrate a willingness and the necessary interpersonal and communication skills required to participate in the programme of activities that accompanies the scholarships.
Application Information: Kindly visit the officialwebsitefor more information.