Applications are open for the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships for Developing Commonwealth Countries. Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are offered for citizens of certain developing Commonwealth countries. These scholarships help to contribute to development needs of Commonwealth countries by providing training for skilled and qualified professionals in key development areas.
Application Deadline:13thof April, 2020
Host Institutions: See the list ofeligible distance learning Master’s courses offered by participating UK institutions for 2020
Number of Scholarships: Not specified
Scholarship Value/ Benefits: The scholarships provide full tuition fees and all other compulsory costs of studying a UK Master’s course by distance learning. This includes the full cost of any residential components of a course.
Eligible Nationalities: Bangladesh
Papua New Guinea
To be eligible for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships for Developing Countries, applicants should:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases.
- Be unable to afford to study the programme without this scholarship.
- You must apply to study an eligible Master’s course at a UK university that is participating in the Distance Learning scheme. Seelist of participating universities and eligible courses.
- You must also secure admission to your course in addition to applying for a Distance Learning Scholarship.You must check with your chosen university for their specific advice on when to apply, admission requirements, and rules for applying.You must make your application using the CSC’s online application system, in addition to any other application that you are required to complete by your chosen university. The CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via the online application system.
- You can apply for more than one course and/or to more than one university, but you may only accept one offer of a Distance Learning Scholarship.
Kindly visit the officialwebsitefor more information.
Official website: http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/distance-learning