Applications are open for the Miles Morland Foundation African Writers’ Scholarship Award. This scholarship is awarded to a Postgraduate student within the School of Literature, Drama and Creative Writing to enable them to study on the MA Creative Writing (Prose Fiction) course.
Application Deadline: 1st of May, 2020
Host Institutions: University of East Anglia, United Kingdom
Degree Level: Postgraduate
Number of Scholarships: 1
Scholarship Value/ Benefits: Up to £25,000 to cover tuition fees and a maintenance grant.
Eligible Nationalities: Any country in Africa
Eligibility: To qualify for the Miles Morland Foundation African Writers’ Scholarship Award, applicants must meet the following criteria;
- Applicants must be postgraduate African students applying to study a full-time course at the University of East Anglia, UK.
- Applicants must be born in Africa, have an African Nationality or Both parents born in Africa (If the scholarship is awarded on this basis, copies of both parents’ passports must be provided as evidence to UEA at point of acceptance of the scholarship.)
- Applicants must be termed ‘international’ students in terms of fees grouping
- Applicants must be applying to study Literature, Drama and Creative Writing in a Masters of Art in Creative Writing (Prose Fiction) or MA Biography and Creative Non-Fiction.
- Applicants must be willing to abide by the rules and regulations governing the conduct of students at the University of East Anglia and must be good ambassadors of the Miles Morland Foundation Scholarship.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong educational or academic achievement and must have obtained a bachelor’s degree in relevant course from a recognized university.
Application Information: Applicants should note that in order to be considered for the creative writing donor-funded scholarship programme, you will need to have submitted both your scholarship application and have applied for the MA in Creative Writing (Prose Fiction) before the application expiration deadline. It is possible that you might not have a response about the outcome of your course application by this date, but you should still submit a scholarship application by this deadline if you wish to be considered for scholarships.
Kindly visit the official website for more information.