Applications are open for the Jeroen Ensink Memorial Fund Scholarship at London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine for the 2020/2021 academic year. The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) is making available one Jeroen Ensink Memorial Fund Scholarship to support students from sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia who are committed to improving public health in low or middle- income countries.
Application Deadline:29thof March, 2020
Host Institutions:London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
Degree Level:Masters in Public Health for Development
Number of Scholarships:1
Scholarship Value/ Benefits:
This is a full scholarship, which covers:
• full-time overseas tuition fees for 2020-21 (including the mandatory field trip fee);
• flights from the student’s home country to the United Kingdom, and return on expiry of the scholarship; and
• a tax free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 17,175.
Eligible Nationalities: Students from sub-Saharan Africa and South Asi
To be eligible for the Jeroen Ensink Memorial Fund Scholarship at London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, applicants must:
- have been accepted onto the 2020-21 MSc Public Health for Development course;
- have demonstrated a commitment to WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene); and
- be a citizen of one of the following sub-Saharan African or South Asian countries: Afghanistan; Angola; Bangladesh; Benin; Botswana; Bhutan; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cameroon; Cape Verde; Central African Republic; Chad; Comoros; Republic of Congo; Democratic Republic of Congo; Djibouti; Equatorial Guinea; Ethiopia; Eritrea; Gabon; Gambia; Ghana; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; India; Ivory Coast; Kenya; Lesotho; Liberia; Madagascar; Malawi; Maldives; Mali; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mozambique; Namibia; Nepal; Niger; Nigeria; Pakistan; Rwanda; São Tomé and Príncipe; Senegal; Seychelles; Sierra Leone; Somalia; South Sudan; South Africa; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Swaziland; Tanzania; Togo; Uganda; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
- meet the LSHTM’s minimum English language proficiency requirements if shortlisted for this funding
Applicants should follow both steps outlined below by the scholarship deadline.
Submit an application for study for the MSc Public Health for Development, via the LSHTM Admissions portal.
Please ensure that all the necessary supporting documents have been uploaded to your study application before the Scholarship deadline. Applicants are encouraged to communicate with their referees as early as possible in the application process, notifying them of this deadline. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that their references have been submitted by the scholarship closing date.
Due to the introduction of a GBP 50.00 application fee at LSHTM, applicants are advised to apply early to allow time for this payment to be processed. Until the payment is processed applicants will be unable to submit an application for study. We would therefore recommend that applicants for this funding apply for their study/programme by 15 March 2020 in order to ensure that there are no processing delays which could impact on meeting the scholarship deadline.
Please note that if you are applying for admission to LSHTM and are accepted, you will be asked to pay a deposit within 28 days. If you are applying for a scholarship at LSHTM, please email the Admissions team within this 28 day period, specifying the name of this scholarship and the expected decision date. This must be repeated for every scholarship for which you are applying. The admissions team will then apply an extension to the deposit deadline to match the decision deadline of the scholarship.
Submit a Scholarship Application, via the LSHTM’s Online Scholarship Application portal, indicating that you are applying for the 2020-21 Jeroen Ensink Memorial Fund Scholarship. As part of this application you should upload:
- a complete Curriculum Vitae (CV); and
- a statement of motivation of no more than 1,000 words. Your statement of motivation should address the following:
- a brief biography of your life and career, clarifying your commitment to WASH;
- your reasons for choosing the MSc Public Health for Development; and
- your future plans and ambitions in the field of public health.
Applicants must submit both CV and the statement of motivation with their scholarship application to be considered for this funding, even though they may have already submitted a statement with their application for admission. Applicants may choose to tailor this statement for the funding (and therefore submit something different to their standard MSc programme application statement).
Applicants should be aware that their application for this scholarship award may be considered alongside the documents submitted for their application to the MSc Public Health for Development programme.
If you encounter any technical difficulties whilst using the online scholarships application form, in the first instance please try clearing your browser cache and ensure that you are using the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari. If this does not fix your technical issue, please contact the LSHTM’s IT Services team, providing your full name; the scholarship that you are applying for; and the technical issue that you have encountered. Please also attach a screen shot where possible. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each applicant should submitonly oneJeroen Ensink MSc Scholarship application. We would therefore encourage applicants to check carefully their online application and attachment before submission, as the first application submitted will be the one considered and there will be no opportunity to upload a statement of motivation or CV after submission.
- Applicants who have already submitted a completed 2020-21 London-based MSc Public Health for Development application for study and/or have been made an Offer of Admission for the 2020-21 London-based MSc Public Health for Development programme should apply for the scholarship by completing the scholarship application (Step 2 above) and submitting this by the scholarship deadline.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for this funding. Incomplete applications include those with missing supplementary documentation at either/both Steps 1 and 2 above.
- By submitting an application for this funding applicants agree to its terms and conditions.
Kindly visit the officialwebsitefor more information.