Application is open for the Heinrich Boll Scholarships for International Students in Germany. The scholarship department of the Heinrich Böll Foundation grants scholarships to graduates and doctoral students from outside Germany.
Application Deadline:1stof March, 2020
Host Institutions: State or state-recognized Universities in Germany
Degree Level:Masters/PhD Degree
Number of Scholarships: Not specified
Scholarship Value/ Benefits:
Non-EU students: €850 per month plus various individual allowances; tuition fees are in certain cases possible in Germany.
EU students: varies, max. €649 plus €300 book money per month; tuition fees not possible in Germany but possible to a limited extent in other countries.
The scholarship is awarded for the regular period of study and may be extended by one semester.
Non-EU students: €1,200 per month plus €100 mobility allowance per month, plus various individual allowances; tuition fees are not possible.
EU students: €1350 per month basic scholarship plus €100 per month research costs allowance; tuition fees are not possible in Germany but possible to a limited extent in other countries.
The scholarship is awarded for two years as a rule and may be extended twice at most by half a year.
Eligible Nationalities: International students, both EU and non-EU
Eligibility: To meet the requirements for the Heinrich Boll Scholarships for International Students;
International Masters students who earned their university entrance qualification outside Germany:
• Applicants may apply before commencing Masters programme or at any time up to the end of the first semester of the Masters programme.
• Applicants must have completed a first degree. Proof of first professional qualification must be provided
International Doctoral students who earned the university entrance qualification outside Germany:
• The applicant must have been accepted as a doctoral student by a state or state-recognised university in Germany. Proof of admission, as a rule in Germany, must be included with the application.
• By the application date, preliminary work must have been completed and a valid timetable for completion must be submitted.
• PhD subjects related to focal points of the Foundation’s activities will be given priority.
Application Information: For details on application requirements and procedures, please consult information sheetA 1-1(“scholarship application for undergraduate and graduate students”, PDF) orA 2-1(“scholarship application for doctoral studies”).
Kindly visit the officialwebsitefor more information.
Official website: https://www.boell.de/en/foundation/application