The Leiden University Excellence Scholarships (LexS) for Masters Degree is open to outstanding non-EU/EEA students enrolling for a full-time master’s degree programme at Leiden University, Netherlands.
Application Deadline: 1st of February/1st of October,2020
Host Institutions: Leiden University, The Netherlands.
Degree Level: Masters
Number of Scholarships: The number and type of scholarship award depends on the budget available for each Faculty department.
Scholarship Benefits: High-quality education, a broad choice of master’s programmes and all complemented with personal support make Leiden University the perfect option for successfully taking your studies to the next level.
Scholarship Value: The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme has 3 awards;
• € 10.000 of the tuition fee
• € 15.000 of the tuition fee
• Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee
Eligible Nationalities: Non-EU/EEA international students
Eligibility: To be eligible for the Leiden University Excellence Scholarships (LexS) for Masters Degree;
Students must have achieved excellent study results in their previous education, this being relevant to the Master’s programme for which they are applying. As an indication, the student is amongst the top 10% of graduates in his/her previous study programme.
Note: proof of ranking is not required – this information is purely to indicate the level of competitiveness.
Applicants must have a non EEA* passport and may not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (Studiefinanciering).
- Apply online for admissionto a Master’s programme at Leiden University and pay the application fee if applicable.
- In the scholarship section of your online application, indicate that you wish to apply for a LExS.
- Upload your LExS motivation letter as instructed in your online application. This is a PDF file of max. 500 words, in which you explain why you would like to be considered for the award.
- Submit your online application, containing your LExS application, before the LExS application deadline.
- If you apply for more than one study programme and wish to apply for a LExS for each, indicate this clearly in each application and upload a LExS motivation letter for each.
Kindly visit the official website for more information.