Applications are open for the Wells Mountain Foundation ETE Scholarships for Developing Country Nationals. The Wells Mountain Foundation through the Empowerment Through Education (ETE) program, provides undergraduate scholarships to developing country nationals to study in their home country or a neighboring country.
The Foundation believes in the power and importance of community service; therefore, all scholarship participants are required to volunteer for a minimum of 100 hours a year.
Application Deadline:1st of March, 2020
Host Institutions: Candidates choice of institution in home country or in another developing country
Degree Level: Bachelor’s
Number of Scholarships: 20 – 40 scholarships per year
Scholarship Benefits: We believe that to climb a mountain, you should not undertake the journey alone. It takes resources, knowledge, the support of others and immense dedication. That is why we believe in providing more than just financial support to our student scholars.
Scholarship Value: ETE scholarships range from $300 USD to $3000 USD annually and are provided throughout the undergraduate education of the recipient. The average scholarship amount is $1400. Scholarships may be used for tuition and fees, books and materials, and room rent.
Eligible Nationalities: Developing Country Nationals
Eligibility: To be eligible for the Wells Mountain Foundation ETE Scholarships for Developing Country Nationals, candidates must;
• Have successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades
• Be 35 or under on 1 March 2020
• Be willing to study in his or her country or another country in the developing world
• Be pursuing his or her first bachelor’s degree or diploma
• Be enrolled in a program of study that will benefit the community and/or contribute to the continued growth and advancement of his or her home country
• Plan to live and work in his or her own country after graduation
• Have demonstrated his or her commitment to giving back and has volunteered prior to applying
• Have some other funds available for his or her education, but will not be able to go to pursue his or her tertiary degree without financial assistance
Application Information: To apply for the Empowerment Through Education (ETE) program, you must submit a complete application via the online scholarship application portal (preferred method) or via postal mail to the Foundation’s office. The 2020 Empowerment Through Education online application will be available from 1st of December 2019 to 1st of April 2020.
Kindly visit the official website for more information.
Official website: http://www.wellsmountainfoundation.org/our-programs/scholarships/