Applications are open for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarships for International Students. This scholarship offers a number of outstanding prospective students the opportunity to pursue a Master’s degree in a selected number of fields at Utrecht University, Netherlands.
Application Deadline: 31st of January, 2020
Host Institutions: Utrecht University, Netherlands
Degree Level: Masters
Number of Scholarships: 20-25 scholarships
Scholarship Benefits: As an international student, you’ll be in good company at Utrecht University
Scholarship Value: The Utrecht Excellence scholarship for International Students can be awarded as:
- tuition fees
- tuition fees plus 11.000 euro living expenses
Eligible Nationalities: Non-EU/EEA International Students
To be eligible for an Utrecht Excellence Scholarship, the following criteria must be met:
- Belong to the top 10% of your graduating class:
an official document issued by your university that proves you are among the top 10% of your graduating class, such as a statement signed and stamped by your University, a reference letter, a class ranking certificate, etc.
- Not hold an EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans;
- Have completed your secondary school and/or Bachelor degree outside the Netherlands;
- Have applied for an international master’s programme with a start date of 1 September, 2020. Not all programmes participate, please check www.uu.nl/masters > master’s programme > Tuition fees and financial support to see if the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship is mentioned as a scholarship opportunity;
- The international master’s programme at Utrecht University is not a Distance Learning/Online Programme;
- Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa/residence permit.
Application for the scholarship will only be processed if candidate has submitted an application for a Master’s programme as well.
After submitting an application for the Master’s programme, non-EU/EEA students will have the option to submit an application for an Utrecht Excellence Scholarship.
Prospective students who wish to be considered for the scholarship must apply before 31 January 2020, 23:59 CET, after which the application portal will be closed. Please note that in some cases you may need to apply before 1 December; check the ‘When to apply’ section under Admission and application of your master’s programme.
Kindly visit the official website for more information.