Application for the 2020/2021 York Science Scholarship is now open for all eligible students across the globe. The scholarship is an initiative of the Faculty of Science of the York University in Canada aiming to attract great brains into the study of science.
Application Deadline: 23rd of March,2020
Host Institutions: York University, Canada.
Degree Level: Undergraduate
Number of Scholarships: 25 scholarships to be awarded
Everyone understands the importance of finding the funds to successfully complete university. At York’s Faculty of Science, we also acknowledge the importance of hands-on experience in academic and career success. The York Science Scholars Award program combines:
- a $5,000 entrance scholarship
- a one-on-one mentorship from outstanding faculty members
- a guaranteed $5,000 paid summer research position for the summer following a student’s first year, and
- leading-edge research facilities.
York Science Scholar winners are given the priceless opportunity to earn tuition in a guaranteed summer position during their first summer while participating in advanced scientific exploration.
Scholarship Value: $10,000
Eligible Nationalities: Domestic and International students
All students, Canadian and International, who have applied for entrance to the York University Faculty of Science for full-time study starting in Fall 2020 are eligible to apply for this program. Newly enrolled first year Faculty of Science students are eligible to receive this award.
Other criteria are categorized thus;
1) High academic achievement: Although we consider the YSSA applications holistically, competitive applications tend to have a minimum average of A- (80%, or its equivalent) and higher.
2) Demonstrated passion for science and community service, demonstrated leadership skills, and a desire to make a difference for their communities.
3) Well-rounded candidates who demonstrate involvement beyond academics, for example, in community service, achievement in sports, the arts, or hobbies.
4) English Language Scores:
For international students requiring an English language test for admission to York University, competitive English test scores are:
• YELT: band 1
• TOEFL: iBT 100
• IELTS: 7.5
Interested and eligible candidates will be required to submit a completed application form and other supporting documents to indicate their interest for the 2020/2021 York Science Scholarship award.Before you commence application, it is recommended that you get complete application guide and detailed information on supporting documents at the official application website.
For online submission, please submit your application here: York Science Scholars Award
For Hard Copy submission’
Please submit a hard copy of your application to:
York Science Scholars Award
Faculty of Science, York University
352 Lumbers Building, 4700 Keele St.
Toronto, ON M3J 1P3
Kindly visit the official website for more information.
Official website: http://science.yorku.ca/future-students/scholarsaward/