Candidates who have passion and commitment to development of Africa with outstanding academic and professional achievements are welcome to apply for the African Development Bank Young Professionals Program.
Application Deadline: 13th of November,2019
Host Country: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Position Title: Young Professional
Number of Award: 30
The Bank seeks to recruit Young Professionals in specific disciplines and specialist professional areas that are aligned to the Ten-Year Strategy (TYS); the five priority areas of the Bank (High 5s) and People strategy. The Hi-5s are captured below:
- Light Up and Power Africa:
Power Systems Development (grid base power system, power utilities), Climate Change and Green Growth (climate finance, climate adaptation), Energy Statistics, Policy and Regulation (energy statistics), Renewable Energy (off grid energy access), Energy Partnerships (energy partnerships and stake-holders engagement, energy markets).
2. Feed Africa:
Agriculture & Agro-industry (agribusiness development, agriculture research, production and sustainability), Agricultural finance & Rural development (agricultural and rural finance, rural infrastructure development).
3. Integrate Africa:
Development Research (macroeconomic policy, debt sustainability and forecasting, microeconomic, institutional and development impact), Governance and public financial management (program development, policy management), Statistics (economic and social statistics, statistical capacity building).
4. Industrialize Africa
Private Sector Development (strategy and new product, portfolio asset management, special operations), Financial sector development (financial institutions, financial inclusion), Infrastructure, cities & urban development (transport and logistics, ICT), Industrial and trade development.
5. Improve the lives of the people of Africa:
Water, Human and Social development (education, human capital and employment, sanitation and public health.
- The Young Professionals Program offers you a platform to build an exceptional and fulfilling career in the Bank. This development program spans 36 months and is structured under the Young Professionals Learning Academy. It is delivered in batches of 6 months each, to deepen knowledge and build technical and leadership skills necessary for future roles.
- The learning will immerse you into different functional areas of the Bank where you will have hands-on experience in projects and various work assignments.
- Partnerships with experts from recognized institutions support us to deliver training such as leadership development.
- Majority of your learning and development is experiential as you continue to be supported by coaches, mentors and colleagues.
Eligible Nationalities: AfDBmember countries
The African Development Bank Young Professionals Program targets motivated and high-potential individuals from our member countries. Applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Be a citizen of a member country of the Bank.
- Be 32 years of age or younger by 1st May 2020.
- Possess a Master’s degree or equivalent in any discipline that is relevant to the business of the Bank, with outstanding academic credentials.
- Have at least 3 years post graduate work experience in the areas related to the high priority areas (Hi-5s) as mentioned above.
- Interested candidates with coding, e-development, animation and platforms designs and maintenance are required this year.
- Demonstrable hands-on experience on the African continent and/or in other continent’s developing countries is a necessary requirement.
- Have a passion for Africa’s development
- Able to leverage knowledge, share and coach others. Work effectively in teams with displayed high adaptability to a diverse environment.
- Strong analytical skills, an entrepreneurial drive, results-orientation and problem-solving capability.
- High business acumen and innovative mindset.
- Be proficient in the Bank’s working languages, either English and/or French.
- Have skills that enable you work in a digital environment and embrace technology as it evolves.
- Be willing to live in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire the Bank’s Headquarters, and any other country in Africa where the Bank may require your services.
- Ability to travel continentally (20% of your time).
- Please note that application for admission to the AfDB YPP is an online process. The YPP is highly competitive program and you are advised to provide as much relevant information as possible.
- Applicants with dual nationality are advised that the Bank recognizes only one nationality from a member country; as such, kindly indicate the nationality you wish to declare.
- Successful candidates from the selection process will be appointed YPs under their declared nationalities for the duration of the Program and any continuing contract with the Bank.
Kindly visit the official website for more information.
Official website: https://www.afdb.org/en/vacancies/young-professional-32034