Application for the 2020/2021 Imperial College President’s PhD Scholarships is ongoing. The President’s PhD Scholarships at Imperial College offer an outstanding opportunity for potential PhD students. If you are a high performing undergraduate or Master’s student and have a strong desire to undertake a PhD programme at a world-class research institution, you could be selected to receive full tuition fees and a generous stipend for a PhD place at Imperial College London.
- Applicants who apply before 8th November 2019 and are awarded a scholarship will be notified by 4th February 2020.
- Applicants who apply before 10th January 2020 and are awarded a scholarship will now be notified by 31st March 2020.
- Applicants who apply before 20th March 2020 and are awarded a scholarship will be notified by 29th May 2020
Host Institutions: Imperial College London, UK
Degree Level: PhD
Number of Scholarships: up to 50
Scholarship Benefits: The President’s PhD Scholarships aims to provide up to50research students with great potential the opportunity to work within their chosen research field with the support of an excellent supervisor.
Scholarship Value: Successful candidates will receive the following financial support for up to 3.5 years:
- Full funding for tuition fees
- A stipend of £21,400 per annum to assist with living costs
- A consumables fund of £2,000 per annum for the first 3 years of study
- A programme of bespoke opportunities and events delivered by the Graduate School
Eligible Nationalities: All nationalities are eligible
- Applications are accepted from talented candidates from Imperial College London, the UK and worldwide. There are no restrictions on nationality.
- Candidates must be among the highest achievers in their undergraduate cohort, and in receipt of, or due to receive afirst classUK degree or equivalent.
- Candidates with a standalone Master’s qualification must have achieved a distinction or, where this has yet to have been achieved, be able to provide evidence of high performance that will lead to a distinction. They must also hold a first class UK undergraduate degree or equivalent (integrated Masters that form part of an undergraduate degree, e.g. MEng, MSci, M.Math, are assessed by Admissions as an undergraduate qualification when determining eligibility). Candidates with multiple standalone Master’s qualifications must have achieved a distinction in the one most relevant to their PhD study.
- Candidates with degrees from overseas institutions are strongly urged to determine if their scores/grades are equivalent to the relevant eligibility criteria.
- Prior to applyingcandidates must have made contact with a supervisor in an academic department at Imperial College London who has agreed to supervise their research project. Please note that supervisors are limited to supervise one scholar at any time. Please review the President’s PhD Scholarships – Unavailable Supervisors page for more information. Please note: current registered Imperial PhD students arenoteligible to be considered for a President’s PhD Scholarship. The scheme is only open to new PhD applications.
There is not a specific scholarship application form. You should submit your application for admission to study at Imperial through our online admissions system and your department will put you forward for the scholarship based on academic merit and potential.
- When prompted for apersonal statementyou must ensure that it consists of approx. 1000 words (maximum 2 pages) and outlines your academic and research achievements to date, explaining in brief your planned research project. The selection panel will not consider statements exceeding the 2-page limit. You may submit updated versions of this statement if required following application submission.
- To be considered for the President’s PhD Scholarship scheme, applicants must select this option in the funding section of the additional questions tab within the online application form.
- You must also meet any additional application requirements stated by your department of choice.
Kindly visit the official website for more information.