Application for the 2020 Orskov Foundation Student Grants is now open. The Orskov Foundation provides grants that help individual students with funding to cover training needs and support a focused programme of community projects in developing countries.
Application Deadline: 31st of December,2019
Grant Provider:The Scottish Government Small Grants Scheme
To be eligible for the 2020 Orskov Foundation Student Grants, your application must meet all the following criteria else, it will not pass the initial shortlisting for consideration by the Trustees.
- Applications from students registered at university in a country not classified by the UN as lower middle income, or low-income willNOTbe funded.
- Applications seeking funding for equipment, or attendance at conferences, willNOTbe funded.
- Applications seeking scholarships to cover the costs of complete Bachelor, Masters or Doctorate courses, or parts of Bachelor, Masters or Doctorate courses willNOTbe funded
- Applications seeking funding to cover the costs of Bachelor, Masters or Doctorate research projects willNOTbe funded
- Applications that cannot demonstrate the potential to alleviate poverty and/or provide sustainable environmental benefits willNOTbe funded.
- Applications from students not studying degrees related to agriculture, land use or the environment willNOTbe funded.
If you have got this far then keep reading, as the next section contains some important guidance that must be followed for a student application to be successful.
- The student grants areonlyprovided to help support costs oftrainingat a university or similar organisation other than the university/college in which you are registered at the time of the application.
- Eligible studentsMUSTbe registered for graduate degrees andMUSTbe able to demonstrate that they have full support from the relevant university department/organisation that they are seeking training from.
- Preference will be given to supporttrainingaimed at sustainable land use problems with an emphasis on animal, plant and soil interactions, where it can be demonstrated that, in addition to contributing to knowledge, they will (a) have the potential to alleviate poverty and (b) provide sustainable environmental benefits, including adaptation/mitigation to the impact of climate change. Training outwith these areas will not be funded.
- The Trustees will only consider projects with a budget up to a maximum of£2,500. This is the upper limit, not an indication that you should request this amount.
- Applicants will be expected to provide a budget andFULLjustification for the funding claimed. Applicants that do not provide an adequate breakdown of the anticipated expenditure will not be shortlisted for evaluation.
- Please do not send any additional documentation, such as exam results, CVs, letters of support, etc. These will not be used in the evaluation of your application. Appropriate references will be sought for student applications that pass the evaluation stage.
- Projects will be selected by an open application process. Grants will be awarded in March/April.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is31st Decembereach year. Applications received after this date will not be considered for evaluation.
- All applicants will be sent notification that their application has been received. Applicants will also be sent an email in March or April of the following year to inform them whether they have been successful or not. We will use the contact email address that you include on your application form, so please ensure that it is the correct address.
- All successful student applicants will be expected to provide a full report at the end of their funding period. This report will outline the outcomes from the application and a breakdown of the expenditure made.
- ApplicationsMUSTbe submitted using the Orskov Foundation application form and sent as a MS WORD attachment to an email.
- All applications must be submitted inEnglish.
- Each section of the application form has been included for a reason. In order to evaluate your application against all the others received you must include text in each section of the application form, otherwise your application will not be shortlisted.
- STEP 1. Read the Guidelines to see if you are eligible to apply.
- STEP 2. Complete the application form. The application form can be downloaded as a Word file, or in pdf format.
- STEP 3. Submit your application form by email to: [email protected]
Kindly visit the official website for more information.
Official website: http://www.orskovfoundation.org/apply