UWC Nigerian National Committee scholarship is now open for suitably qualified Nigerian candidates who want to become change-makers for a better world. United World Colleges (UWC) is a global education movement that makes education a force to unite people, nations and cultures for peace and a sustainable future. If you are a passionate learner, excited at the prospect of studying and living with young people from around the world, the UWC Nigerian National Committee scholarship is for you.
Application Deadline: 12th of October, 2019
Degree Level: International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Certificate
Scholarship Benefits: IB Diploma is recognised for university entrance worldwide.
Eligible Nationalities: Nigeria
Eligibility: Cadidates must be;
- Be Nigerian. (Non-Nigerians resident in Nigeria may apply either through their own national committees or directly to individual UWCs through the Global Selection Programme).
- Be between the ages of 16 and 17.
- Have demonstrated outstanding academic ability
- Have obtained the Senior School Certificate- SSCE/GCE O’ Levels or their recognised equivalent. (Exceptional students in SS3 may apply on the basis of their 2 years continuous assessment as evidenced by their school transcripts)
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a rigorous selection exercise at the Sea School Apapa holding from Friday, December 6 to Sunday, December 8, 2019.
- Candidates invited for the interview will be required to pay interview fee to defray the cost of feeding, lodging etc. This fee will be communicated on shortlisting.
- Interested and qualified candidates should get the Application forms with the payment of N10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira only) while candidates from any public school who are nominated by the school may obtain the forms at the cost of N1000.00 (One Thousand Naira only) by a Bank Draft drawn on any Nigerian Bank in favor of the Nigerian National Committee for the United World Colleges.
- Forms can be purchased and/or submitted at our purchasing and submitting centres in Abuja or Port Harcourt (see purchasing centres below)
- Forms can also be downloaded CLICK HERE (PDF) but all applications must be submitted at any of the aforementioned centres or scanned and sent directly to our [email protected] with the prescribed fees within the application period.
Forms can also be Purchased and Submitted at any of the following Centres below:
Abuja Purchasing Centre
Dr. Kevin Ihenetu,
Citizenship and Leadership Training Centre,
Plot 1075, Joseph Gomwalk Street, After Bahamas Plaza,
Gudu – Abuja.
Port Harcourt Purchasing Centre
Mrs. Chioma Nwigwe
18 Egbelo Street, Off Okporo Road,
Port Harcourt – Rivers State.
Kindly visit the official website for more information.
Official website: https://www.ng.uwc.org/how-to-apply/procedure/submit-application
To Find more scholarship offers, visit this page: https://scholarship-opportunities.com/2019/09/09/holland-scholarship-for-bachelors-and-masters-program/